Where is My Student's Bus Stop?
The will allow you to find the stops within the school district established walking distances of your home for every school serving students near your residence. Parents should use the . Enter your home address, select the school or schools you want to check, and click on "enter." The stops, bus numbers, and times will be displayed for your home. If no stop is listed, contact the Area Manager for your student's school.
Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) Transportation Provision for Families in Transit Situations
Changing schools greatly interferes with a student's academic and social development. To accommodate highly mobile students (those without permanent nightly residence) legislation was passed that requires local educational agencies to provide these students with transportation to and from their school of origin (SOO) at the parent or guardian's request. For more information about families in transition, please visit our Homeless Education Project page.
Also Check Out:
Where’s the Bus®
Where’s the Bus® allows you to see the location of your child's bus on your smartphone, tablet, or PC. Full access is FREE per household on the App Store, Google Play, or at .
- From your computer go to .
- Click on PARENTS on the left hand side to setup an account. Read the fine print directions on the web-page.
- Use the drop down menu to select “Charlotte County (FL)”.
- Enter your information.
- Enter your child's birth date and student ID number.
- If you have other students in the household you can enter them using the same logon.
- Confirm these are your students and you’re ready to go !!
NOTE: Parents are allowed to create an account only if they can validate their student’s information. The suggested validation method is to prompt a parent for the student’s birth date and student ID #. If the information entered does not match the Transportation student ridership database, the parent will not be able to create an account.
- If your residence is within two (2) miles of your assigned school, no school bus transportation is provided by the district.
- Walking distance to a bus stop, by district policy, for an elementary student is 1 mile.
- Walking distance to a bus stop, by district policy, for a secondary student is 1.5 miles.