Mental Health Training for Staff
澳门今晚最快开奖现场直播 provide various trainings on student safety and support in order to enhance the capabilities of its staff. Available trainings include but are not limited to:
Identifying and Reporting Child Abuse and Neglect:
- A web based course required for all staff. This course satisfies the training requirement specified in Florida Statute section 1012.98 (12).
- Participants will acquire specific, current knowledge in the area of child abuse and neglect.
Nonviolent Crisis Intervention Training- Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI):
- Designed to teach best practices for managing difficult situations and disruptive behaviors.
- Staff learn how to identify at-risk individuals and use nonverbal techniques to defuse hostile or belligerent behavior.
Risk Assessment training:
- Provided to all school based mental health staff (school social workers, counselors and psychologists).
- District protocol for completing risk assessments and necessary follow up.
Threat Assessment Team training:
- Every 澳门今晚最快开奖现场直播 school has a Threat Assessment team that is required to meet monthly during the school year.
- The Threat Assessment teams at 澳门今晚最快开奖现场直播 include a School Administrator, School Counselor, School Psychologist, School Resource Officer, School Social Worker, and Exceptional Student Education (ESE) staffing specialist/liaison, each with different roles for supporting the assessment and intervention process.
- The Threat Assessment team uses the State adopted, research based to evaluate the risk of violence posed by someone and to intervene and resolve the issues that underlie the threatening behavior. Teams are trained annually at the beginning of the school year.
Youth Mental Health First Aid:
- A course on how to help an adolescent who is experiencing a mental health or addiction challenge or is in crisis.
- The course introduces common mental health challenges for youth, reviews typical adolescent development, and teaches a 5-step action plan for how to help young people.
- Staff have various opportunities throughout the school year to complete this training.
- This course satisfies the training requirement specified in FS 1012.584
For more information contact Families First at (941) 255-7480.