Charlotte County Teacher & Support Employee of the Year Information
The purpose of the "Teacher and Support Employee of the Year" program is to recognize outstanding teaching and outstanding support service in 澳门今晚最快开奖现场直播.
This application should be used only to apply for the Teacher of the Year recognition; there is a separate application and process for the Support Employee of the Year.
The goals of the Florida Teacher of the Year program are to:
• Enhance the stature of teachers and the teaching profession.
• Promote the importance of quality education and teaching for our future.
• Inspire and attract talented people to become teachers.
• Provide information regarding Florida’s scholarship and loan programs related to teaching.
• Promote the teaching profession within community and business groups.
• Provide information to retired military personnel and other individuals who might consider teaching as a second career.
As defined by the Florida Department of Education, the following full-time district educators are eligible for nomination:
- Classroom teachers - Grades Pre-K through 12
- Adult education teachers
- Postsecondary vocational/technical education teachers
- Department chairpersons who actively engage in classroom training
- Guidance counselors
- Media specialists
- Speech/language pathologists
- Special area teachers (i.e. ESE, foreign languages)
- Other professional educators performing instructional support services with students
School personnel who work in an administrative or supervisory capacity, such as principals or deans of students, are ineligible for this program.
- Complete the attached application and return it by the due date.
- Only completed applications will be accepted.
- Applications received after the due date will not be considered by the selection committee.
- An independent selection committee of Charlotte County education, community, and business leaders will review the local applications. All information will be treated confidentially.
- To ensure impartiality, a "blind review" process will be utilized.
- 澳门今晚最快开奖现场直播 Teacher of the Year Representative:
Receives $1,000 from Charlotte Local Education Foundation
- "Regional" Teacher of the Year:
Receives $500 from Florida Department of Education and $750 from Macy's Plus $250 from Macy's to the schools of each "Regional" Finalist
- State of Florida Finalist:
Receives $1,250 from Florida Department of Education and $5,000 from Macy's Plus $1,000 from Macy's to each State of Florida Finalist
- State of Florida Teacher of the Year Representative:
Receives $2,500 from Florida Department of Education and $10,000** from Macy's Plus $1,000 from Macy's to the State of Florida Teacher of the Year Representative's school